|Welcome to DogPsychology We are a group that hold a great interest for the realm of canine psychology. Whether one is a fan of Ivan Pavlov's theory of Classical Conditioning (i.e. Pavlov's Dogs), or just wonder and love the thought processes that go on in a dog's head, this is a group for you!
We at this group also support and encourage responsible ownership, responsible/ethical breeding, and to promote adoption through a rescue or shelter versus "backyard breeders" and pet stores.
In addition, this group does not condemn breeds commonly viewed in negative lights (i.e. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, etc.). There will be no discrimination of any breeds, targeted or not. Instead, we promote better understanding of these breeds through education and awareness.
Ground Rules & Submission Guidelines- All submissions must have a domestic dog as the main subject. While wolves and other wild canids provide a lot of insight in the behavior and overall psychological demeanor of the domestic dog, at this time, the group will only accept work with domestic dogs (as the group is dedicated to the psychology of solely the domestic dog). If there is enough request for adding wild canids, allowing work containing wild canids may become a possibility.
- All forms of art are welcome here; photography, literature, traditional art, digital art, etc.
- The submission limit will be 5 submissions a week.
- Submissions will be pending approval upon submission as to see if the submission fits one or more of the following guidelines listed in this description.
- Please do not submit works to the Featured folder. We would prefer that each submission goes in its proper folder to maintain organization in the group. If one has a submission that seems to not fit in any of the given categories, please send the group a note entailing the concerns surrounding where to submit. We will do our utmost best to help!
-Work pertaining to Pavlov's theory of Classical Conditioning, or other avenues that look at the psychology of dogs is welcome here. However, we also accept works that perhaps do not directly relate to the psychology of dogs (i.e. a photograph or a drawing of just a dog). So long as the member has an interest in how dogs behave, any canine submissions (aside from the exceptions listed below) are welcome!
The group would like to avoid a few of the following forms of canine art
- No anthros or furries please. There are plenty of great groups on DeviantArt that would love to have them though. The only exception may be in work similar to this fav.me/db77fy. In this case, it is in reference to the psychologist, Ivan Pavlov. Otherwise, no anthros or furries please.
- No copyrighted characters from media enterprises such as Disney, Universal Studios (meaning Balto), and mangas/animes such as Ginga and Wolf's Rain. The only exception to this rule: We will accept fan art from books such as Plague Dogs due to the psychology of the characters in the book. This rule may be subject to change in the future so stay posted.
- Since there is great debate over the use of animal testing (i.e. testing products in the works for humans on animals) We will not condone this sort of material. Let's stay as neutral as possible on that issue.
Other than that, these are essentially the rules of submission for the group. Now, if one is still interested in joining, here are the guidelines for joining and membership!
- Simply watch the group and click the join the group icon! We highly encourage members to either display the icon of the group in their journal (by doing the following without spaces : iconDogPsychology : ), or to enable the groups widget on their DeviantArt page. This way, the group can be advertised and more people may come across it and join.
DogPsychology & AffiliatesWant to affiliate? Great! Please submit your group's request of affiliation and we will review it. All affiliation requests will be reviewed before acceptance. Ideally, we would like affiliates who are revolved around dogs or psychology. However, we also welcome clubs that support the well-being and proper ownership of all domestic animals. So clubs dedicated to other domestic animals (cats, hermit crabs, geckos, ferrets, rabbits, other small mammals, fish, all of the previous listed, etc.) are also welcome to be affiliates. Groups that support the stop of animal abuse are also welcome to be affiliates as do groups that support animal welfare of all kinds. However, we will not affiliate with groups that condone pro-BSL, hate dogs, or in anyway not follow the rules and guidelines of this club will be denied affiliation.
This is a group where ALL dog psychology enthusiasts are welcome. So please, no harassment of other members and staff. One will be given one warning and a penalty (i.e. revoke of admin status) if even one comment is made by another member or staff member. Failure to do so will result in the automatic expulsion of that member/admin. I'm sorry, but I will not approve such behavior in this group. This is supposed to be a place where everyone should feel welcome and appreciated.
I do hope everyone enjoys their time here and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful submissions!Your group founder and head administrator, Miss-Whoa-Back-Off